Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekly Goals


Unlike most weeks, (see also: unemployment) I have a decently long to-do list for this week.  It's basically a bunch of junk I should have accomplished weeks ago, but for one reason or another keeps getting put on the back burner (because....well you know, sitting on the couch all day and watching mindless tv and farting around on the internet is just SO much more important).  So, in no particular order, here is what must be done this week:
  1. Get a CA driver's license: I've been talking about doing this for months, and I can no longer put it off!  I've already started reading through the handbook (I'm wondering if this is really even necessary.  I mean I've been driving for 9 years, do I really need to study?)  I tried to make a DMV appointment online, but the 1st available appointment time wasn't until DECEMBER!  Guess I'll have to brave the long line.
  2. Have blood taken: This is something else that I've been meaning to do for well over a month.  In fact, it's been ordered by my Doctor, and yet I still am finding excuses to avoid it!  I hate having blood taken.  I get so light-headed and woozy, it's horrible.  When I was younger, I used to shake so badly when they would try to take my blood that they would literally have 3 people holding me down.  I blame my fear on an incident that occurred when I was young: the person who was taking my blood kept losing my vein and I ended up being pricked countless times on both arms.  It was traumatizing to say the least.  I still, to this day, tell every nurse about my fear and insist that they use the smallest possible needle (butterfly needle, I think?).
  3. Figure out my student loan situation: As any student (especially law student) can tell you- student loans are a confusing, stressful situation!  Luckily I haven't had to think about mine thanks to my grace period. But my loans come back into repayment starting in November, so I really need to sit down and figure this stinky stuff out.  Yes I participated in the mandatory "exit counseling" my school had, but that doesn't mean I learned anything or understand what to do next!  Just thinking about my loans gives me a headache.  Yuck! 
  4. Take the dog and cats to the vet: My cats are due for their yearly shots and my dog needs some maintenance work so I need to gather up my zoo and head to the vet.  I'll need boyfriend's help for this!  Taking three animals to the vet is no small task.
  5. Paperwork: I recently got a job (well, not really a job job, just a little side thing).  The company sent me SO MUCH PAPERWORK to fill out before my follow-up meeting on Thursday.  Every single time I sit down to start it, I get overwhelmed and walk away!
  6. Job Applications: My goal for this week is to send out at least 15 resumes/cover letters.
  7. Gym: I haven't been doing well with getting to the gym, so I'm determined to get my butt in gear at least 4 days this week.  
  8. Cooking: I usually like to try at least 2 new recipes each week.  We only have our meals planned for Monday and Tuesday, so I should have plenty of chances to cook up something new this week.  Any recipe suggestions?
  9. Housework: Another thing I've been pretty lax about lately is housework!  I was not born with the domestic gene so the house has to be in pretty terrible shape before I notice!  Laundry is starting to pile up so it's time to get on it!  
Okay, now this probably isn't even half of what I really need to do, but it's a start.   What are your goals for the week?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment