Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Gym Motivation


The past few years I've had an on and off relationship with the gym and working out.  One week I'm on and the next I'm off!  Recently I decided it's time that I take this whole "healthy lifestyle" thing seriously.  This means cutting out most of the junk I eat and exercising regularly.

I started a few weeks ago and was doing great.  I was going to the gym at least 5 days per week doing cardio and weights.  I was even filtering in a few choice workout dvd's that I love.

All my hard work came to an abrupt end when I got sick about a week ago.  Today is the first day I feel well enough to begin working out again, and I can already tell I'm going to have a hard time dragging myself to the gym.  It never fails, I'll be doing really well, take an extra day or two off and then my progress just falls by the wayside.  I'm determined to not let this week off sabotage my good start!  I WILL workout today, and I WILL workout tomorrow! (Someone should even leave me a comment in a couple days to confirm that I kept my word!)

My question for you is: what do you do to stay motivated?  What is your motivation for going to the gym, eating healthy or whatever else you do!  Help a girl out!

1 comment:

  1. New to the blog, but a lot of the bloggers I read have been having motivation issues with working out, and so do I. It's by no way a cure-all, but what I had to do to find as motivation was a true and deep down reason to lose the weight. As much as I hated the way clothes were looking on me, vanity wasn't enough of a motivating factor. I started to realize a couple of my health issues were weight related (migraines-who knew) and I was getting out of breath when I never should have been. Also, you might look up LifeofaDoctorsWife blog. She's setting up and accountability group for working out.

    Good luck getting back on schedule!

    ReplyDelete