Monday, August 30, 2010

Proper Attire

One of the things I'm most looking forward to about getting a job (besides the paycheck, of course) is buying new clothes.  I admit- I have clothes.  I have a lot of clothes.  However, I do not have a lot of work appropriate clothes. 

One of the things I spend my days doing is searching my favorite stores online and planning out my future wardrobe.  The only thing stopping me from going out and buying these new work clothes (besides the $$$) is the fact that some law firms range from more business casual to conservative and very professional.  Therefore, until I have a job and know what the "culture" of my firm will be, I will refrain from breaking the bank and stuffing my closet full of new pretties. 

However, a girl can still dream.  So, here are a few of my current favorites:

I love this Wool flannel jacket (minus the pants) from J. Crew for a more casual alternative to the traditional suit jacket.

Love this Calvin Klein Sheath dress.  Very conservative (paired with a cardigan or suit jacket), classic, yet still feminine. 

Another sheath dress paired with a ruffled cardigan jacket from Banana Republic.  Love this look (minus the shoes)-but only for a more casual day. 

Love this classic, pinstripe 2-button J. Crew suit.  I'd pair it with a nicer blouse/shell.

This Banana Republic silk ruffle shell would be perfect under any suit.

Nordstrom also has a wonderful selection of suits, dresses and shells.

What are your favorite stores to shop for work clothes?

1 comment:

  1. Those all look great! Now if only I had lots of money and a job to wear them to! I'm a new follower from blog frog. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete