Monday, August 23, 2010

Current Obsessions

Since I have a lot of free time on my hands, as of late, I’ve developed a few obsessions that I’d like to share.
1.       Reading (yeah, I know, reading shouldn’t be an “obsession” but I’ve spent the last 3 years in law school with absolutely no free time to do any outside reading, so now that I’m done I have plenty of time to do some leisure reading!)  I just finished reading Presumed Innocent, Little Bee and I’m currently working on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  Anyone have book recommendations for me?


2.       Nail Polish- I’m the type of girl who cannot stand to look at my unpolished nails and toes so I tend to go a bit overboard and paint them at least 3-4 times per week.  I probably own close to 75 nail polishes (obsessed, I told you!).  My go-to nail polish brands: Essie, OPI, Chanel and Rescue Beauty Lounge.

3.       Reality TV- This isn’t really a current obsession as much as it is an all the time obsession, but since I have tons of time to do nothing I find myself watching more and more TV.  I love all of the Real Housewives shows on Bravo, Big Brother, Cops, Las Vegas Jailhouse, Keeping up with the Kardashians (which, like most “reality” shows these days seems to be overly scripted at times), and many others.
 
4.       Puzzles- Yes, you read that right, puzzles.  I recently bought two gigantic 1000 piece puzzles from Costco.  Within a couple of days I finished the 1st.  See?  


5.       My Puppy- Technically my 2 year old Chihuahua is no longer a “puppy” and he isn’t only a “current” obsession but because I’m at home more now we are spending tons of time together.  This summer we’ve gone to dog beach, dog parks and obedience school numerous times.  
 
6.       Starbucks Refreshers- Not sure if Starbucks has released the Refreshers in your neighborhood yet (my city has been the “test” city for a few weeks now) but once they do run, don’t walk, to try them out!  A refresher is an iced drink that combines fruit and extract made from unroasted green coffee beans.  Apparently they are low-cal and have less caffeine.  They come in two flavors: Very Berry Hibiscus with whole blackberries and Cool Lime with fresh mint and both flavors are DELICIOUS!
 
So tell me, what are your current obsessions?

No comments:

Post a Comment