Monday, August 23, 2010

Collector


When I was younger I used to have a beautiful collection of decorative teapots.  Whenever my family would go on vacation we would find a teapot to add to the collection.  Every holiday and birthday I would receive a teapot from a family member.  I would even save my own babysitting money to buy teapots.  But, as I grew older, my love for collecting teapots dwindled and they now sit in the living room china cabinet of my childhood home.  

Throughout the years I’ve always wanted to find something else to collect.  If you were to ask my boyfriend he would tell you I collect many things: animals, shoes, clothes, jewelry, makeup, nail polish, etc.  But, I’ve always wanted to find something of substance to collect. 

Before my mom passed away she had an affinity for hourglasses.  My mom had cancer and the hourglass had symbolic meaning to her.  After she passed, I gathered the few, but gorgeous, hourglasses she had and moved them to my home.  They serve as a constant reminder of my mom and remind me to cherish every single day. 

I think I know what I want to start collecting…



Tell me, what do you collect?

1 comment:

  1. Those teapots are so unique. I've never seen anything like that.

    Sorry about the loss of your mom. The hourglass sounds like it would be a good keepsake for you.

    I'm a new follower from Blog Frog. Nice to meet you, you have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete