Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Favorite Recipes

I'll admit it, cooking is not something I claim to be any expert in.  In fact, up until a few months ago my cooking "specialties" consisted of Kraft mac & cheese, tuna sandwiches and anything microwavable.  But, when it comes to baking it's a whole other story.  Well...not exactly, but I'm MUCH better at baking and I actually enjoy it.

My mom wasn't the biggest cook, but she loved to bake-so I definitely think I inherited her culinary skills (or lack thereof, sorry mom!)  Another thing I inherited...her beloved cook books.  Even though she didn't use them often, she certainly had a lot of them!  She also put together a personalized recipe book for me that consists of all my favorite recipes that she made.  Some of my favorites: pumpkin bread, my grandpa's vegetable soup, cherry cola salad, dutch pancakes and my all-time favorite dessert, fruit pizza.

Since I have a decent amount of time on my hands, I've decided that now is the perfect time to learn (or attempt to learn) how to cook.  Besides the cookbooks, I've spent a lot of time gathering recipes online from:
 What are some of your favorite places to find recipes?  Any wonderful recipes (easy enough for a cooking dummy like me) you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment