Tuesday, September 7, 2010

RECAP: Interview # 1

So, Friday was the big day.  It was my first interview since graduating law school.  The interview lasted about 30 minutes and I was definitely asked some strange questions and things I never expected to be asked in an interview.  I felt I did fine, but unfortunately I didn't get a good vibe by the attorneys who interviewed me. 

I got the feeling that they were just looking for someone to do free work for them (which, by the way, is illegal).  They asked if they could send me some material and have me do research for them.  Apparently this is how they "try-out" the new help.  I agreed, but we'll see what happens.  I've decided that I just can't take a job for no pay when I'm not really fond of the attorneys/firm and don't see a future opportunity for myself there.

So, the job hunt resumes...

No comments:

Post a Comment